Choosing a Dentist in North Edmonton
Have a toothache, need advice on your oral health routine, or require an emergency procedure? If you had a family dentist you’d be on your way to recovery right now. Choosing a family dentist is a critical and personal choice. According to the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), you want a dentist “you can talk to, learn from, and feel good about visiting.” So the real question isn’t about the type of dental issues you are having, but finding the right oral health team who can address your oral health issues in a comfortable and compassionate manner.
At Northgate Dental Centre, our dentist and staff offer professional, affordable solutions for oral hygiene care, from dentures to restorative dentistry and teeth whitening options, to helping you achieve your dental goals. While we believe that Northgate Dental Centre can provide you with a customized a dental plan to address your concerns, our goal is to ensure your success and satisfaction, so here are a few additional tips for finding a new family dentist.
The CDA recommends:
Friends, relatives, co-workers, neighbours, other group members, your physician, or your pharmacist may be able to help.
See if your current dentist can suggest someone in your new area.
Professional ListingsContact your provincial or territorial regulatory authority or dental association (dentalhealthalberta.ca).
Questions to consider in your decision can include:
- Is the location convenient?
- How long does it usually take to get an appointment? Do the office hours work well with your schedule?
- What happens if you have an emergency or need after-hours care?
- If you have children, will the dentist see them too?
- Ask about any additional health concerns you or your family may have, and does the dentist have experience with that concern?
- What payment options are available? Is information provided about all fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled? Does the dentist participate in your dental health plan?
Good oral health care requires a good relationship between you, your dentist, and the dental team. You may want to call or visit more than one dental practice before making your final decision. When visiting a dentist’s office for the first time, consider the following:
- Is the dental staff helpful and willing to answer your questions?
- Does the office appear to be clean, neat, and orderly? Do all surfaces and equipment in the treatment room appear clean?
- Do you observe the dentist and staff wearing gloves and other protective gear during actual patient treatment?
At Northgate Dental Centre, the answer is yes. Our staffs are proud to help our clients maintain bright, healthy smiles. Extended and weekend hours are available. Contact Northgate Dental Centre at 780‑457‑5800 today for your next appointment. We accept most dental insurance plans and serve Edmonton and the surrounding areas, including Fort McMurray and areas further north.